FAQs & Policies
We strive very hard to fulfill every order in a timely manner. The products we carry on this site are either our own products or brand new equipment that we stand behind. We use many of the pieces of equipment you see on this very site. They have become a necessity when it comes to paranormal investigating and researching supernatural phenomena for us and the groups we work with. So we appreciate you taking the time to visit us.
Shopping online can be confusing and sometimes scary. I assure you we want to make your experience an enjoyable and worthwhile one.
I appreciate each and every order and value you as a life long customer. I will do my best to offer you the top equipment in the field. If there is something you are looking for that you don't see here, please let me know.
We sell products at low and competitive prices. Your continued business allows us to do that. Thank you for making this all possible.
First Time Customer? Welcome and A Few Words of Confidence To Assure You of My Company
Thank you for choosing Ghost Outlet to place your order. I understand that it can be scary ordering online and you may be concerned if we are a real company and not some scam. First "I" am a real company and been offering Ghost Hunting equipment since 2007, online since 1997 and "I" am a real person. I, Chris Fleming personally take great responsability in running this store and know how word of mouth is important. I decided to share my passion in the field by offering sales of equipment to people all over the world. I set up an easy to use ordering system online so people can place orders 24/7. No credit card information is stored on our website, it is secure under the PayPal Credit Card system, which we have a 5 star rating out of 5 star. They are the only ones who handle the credit card info. You can verify us by calling Paypal directly or clicking on this link. We are verified by our email address we use for this website. https://email@example.com Normally do not take Credit Card info over the phone or do orders over the phone as our entire cart sytem is set up online. Plus since we offer international sales, receiving phone calls 24/7 was disturbing my sleeping pattern. I am sure you understand. However, if you are having difficulty please give me a call and I can walk you through it. Normally declined orders are due to wrong billing address, misstype/wrong CVV number or Credit Card number. We see this all the time. Also, if you have a question you may call my office (Please note I do travel and do not always answer my landline right away) to verify and state your question on how I can help you. Email is usually the best through firstname.lastname@example.org as I check emails daily while out of the office. Please read our FAQ section as we answer a lot of questions on this page for your convenience. Once again, thank you for choosing Ghost Outlet as I continue to offer top ghost hunting equipment and a variety of collectables to you online.
Fraudulant Charge Or Don't Recognize the Charge On Your Credit Card?
If you do not recognize the charge on your credit card from Ghost Outlet then please email us or give us a call. We will work with you and your credit card company to either track down the charge or validate it and stop shipment. With over 10,000 orders over the years we have only had 4 fraudulant charges from Buyers using someone elses info. We pride ourselves in making sure this doesn't happen, but we will work with proper authorities and Paypal to correct it. Note: In some cases we have seen other members in the family have placed orders and not told the owner of the credit card. Please check with teenagers and family members to make sure. ;)
Our suppliers, warrants their products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days to two years from the date of purchase (depending on manufacturer - DAS and Digital Dowsing One Year. Ovilus III = 2 year warranty), and agrees to repair or replace any defective unit without charge. If you have a model that has since been discontinued, an equivalent product will be substituted if available. This warranty does not cover Batteries, pH probes, antennas, coils or damage resulting from accident, misuse, normal wear or tear, or abuse of the product. Warranty may vary on certain items. Please check the product instructions for warranty specifics (included in items sold). In certain instances we may assist customers with returns/repairs and will do our best to assist you. Antennas on any device are not covered by warranty and in some cases cannot be fixed.
PLEASE NOTE: All products created by Digital Dowsing and DAS must be returned directly to them for repair or replacement. They no longer allow retailers to make returns or requests. Please review the return info in our Tech Support Page for those Manufacturers after you have attempted any resets or manufacturer recomendations or contact us for direction.
IMPORTANT: Any device purhased by Buyer from this website or in person at conventions, expos or events that has been damaged, tampered with including but not limited to attempting to remove covers, plates or panels or taking apart and trying to alter, modify or fix without verifiable written permission from manufacturer will VOID warranty and be non-replaceable and/or non- refundable. No exceptions! Any purchase from Ghost Outlet accepts and understands this responsability. Tamper or modify devices at your own risk.
In order to obtain warranty service (Per manufacturer), simply contact me discussing the problem and product. I will direct you to the appropriate person who can handle your issue so we can get it resolved as soon as possible.
In order to obtain warranty service, simply ship the unit, postage prepaid to Ghost Outlet
The defective unit return (We cannot accept Digital Dowsing Products or DAS Products) must be accompanied by a Return Material Authorization number, description of the problem, invoice showing the date of purchase, and your return address and contact information filled out on the form. Customers who are located outside the U.S.A. are responsible for all related shipping charges, duty, and customs charges. Refunds please see our Standard Return policies. Customers within the U.S.A. are responsible for shipping expenses to Ghost Outlet or directly to manufacturer for repair or replacement.
Failure to include this document will delay or void refund.
Please send an email to our site if you have any questions. Email us at info@GhostOutlet.com
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS REGARDING RETURNS OR WARRANTY (MUST READ): Any international order where there is a warranty or replacment issue, our manufacturers will not allow any direct cross ship return to them due to costs and duties. Any device or product that is defective or in need of replacment must be shipped back to us at your expense. We will ship you a replacment and cover the cost to ship to you, but not the cost of you shipping the product back to us. This is very standard regarding international orders with most retaliers due to the high costs shipping internationally. Otherwise, we would not offer any products internationally. Our manufacturers will not reimburse our costs to do so. Please note we will have to send the product at our expense to them for repair or replacment for our stock, and then ship to you (at our cost again) the replacement. Your purchase of any product from our website agrees to this policy that you may incur a cost to ship any product back to us for replacment or repair.
All domestic orders (USA) need to ship any product from DAS or Digital Dowsing directly to them for replacement or repair based on the warranty they offer (not to us). You can find their contact info in either the warranty card that comes with the device or one of the contact emails we have on our Tech Support Page for that product or company.
An RMA form (below) must be completed and accompany all international and domestic returns or warranties wether to the manufacturer or to us. Use your invoice/order number for the RMA number.
Return Merchandise Authorization Form
After you have spoken with us, please complete this form for any return.
Loggin In Troubles?
If you are having problems logging in, make sure you have the correct email address used for your account. You can also click forgot password and you will get a new password sent to your email address. In the past customers where not able to log into their new account because they mistyped their password when they registered and we have had to go in and change it. Please make sure to double check what you input.
Orders, Pre-Orders & Back Orders
Orders - When you place an order you will get a "success" email stating your order went through and your payment was accepted. Your order will remain in "Process" status until it is filled and shipped. Once we have shipped your item it will update status to "shipped." At this time you will also receive a delivery
tracking confirmation email from USPS. So please check your email or junk mail folder for the tracking number when your order is in "shipped" status. For pre-orders and back orders your status will stay in "process" mode until your item ships. Your "success" email will state that we have received your order. Read more about pre-orders and back orders below.
All orders are in stock. If we run out, which we usually do to high demand, the stock will show "0".
If by chance mutliple orders come in and we run out of an item and your order cannot be filled we will notify you.
Order not go through or double billed? - When filling out your information during your order it is important to make sure that you type in all the correct info. Your billing address must be the same exact billing address on the credit card or account you are using for payment. Also make sure you type in the correct CC number and CSV code. Typing in your correct email address is just as important. Numerous times people mistakingly mistype info and their order doesn't go through. What happens is it gets sent to the bank, the bank declines it, but the payment goes into a pending status with the bank until it is batched out. This usually can take 24-48 hours. As a merchant we receive no payment. We can't the order was declined because the information did not match what they have on file. So if you think that you were double charged, what actually happens is you weren't. Your bank holds the money until they check it and realize that no money was transmitted. The only way we would receive money twice is if your order was correctly input twice and it was accepted by your bank twice. You would receive a confirmation "success" email from ghost outlet twice if the order went through twice. Then you would be double charged. What happens a lot is a customer mistypes info and submits order, the bank declines, sends us no payment, we get a decline status from the bank, you get no confirmation of your order going through (because it was declined), yet the bank holds the money for a short period of time until they batch it out of their system. They hold it to verify the information. Once they verify that it was declined and no money was sent out, the money they were holding is no longer held and put back into your accou by the bank, not us. Frustrating, I know, but nothing we can do as some banks (not all) run this kind of system. Any transaction that occurs and is accepted (not declined) happens automatically and money is transferred within seconds and no more then a minute. YOu receive a success email from us that your order went through. If you do not receive one, then you are not charged. Your bank may or may not put the decline into a pending status, if it goes into a pending status they will hold your money, until they release it. Nothing we can do to expedite this, nor can they release it and send it to us. If the initial order is declined, then it is declined you have to order again with the correct information. We use Paypal Pro who handles all money, credit card and debit transactions. By law they cannot allow payment to be transferred if your bank declines it based on mistyped or inaccurate information. The only thing you can do is call your bank and ask them when they will release the "pending" charge since it did not go through and was declined.
The usual decline error code we have been seeing is 10505 or 15005 Gateway Decline - This means the info did not match up and the bank refused the transaction.
This transaction cannot be processed.
The transaction was refused because the AVS response returned the value of N, and the merchant account is not able to accept such transactions.
This transaction cannot be processed.
The transaction was declined by the issuing bank, not PayPal. The merchant should attempt another card.
PayPal Error 10505 - Gateway Declined: This transaction cannot be processed. The transaction was refused because the AVS response returned the value of N, and the merchant account is not able to accept such transactions.
Fix: Enter correct billing zip code & click the Process button.
PayPal Error 15005 - This transaction cannot be processed. The transaction was declined by the issuing bank, not PayPal.
Fix: Use another form of payment (ie: credit card, cash or check).
Pre-Orders - Manufacturers sometimes offer us pre-sales on new and upcoming items. When they occur we offer you a pre-order which allows you to buy a product before we receive it. When we offer pre-orders we only offer a limited amount of units that can be sold on a first come first reserved basis. You order and make payment. When item arrives we ship it to you, not before. It is important to be patient and understand we are at the mercy of the manufacturer. We have always received our product, but should an unforseen problem occur where we won't receive the merchandise we will refund 100% of your money. Note on pre-orders there can be anywhere from a week to a month before the item arrives. In any case we will post the expected date we plan to receive and ship the item with that product in the store. . Any changes or updates will be posted there as well. DO NOT PRE-ORDER if you are looking to receive the item before the expected shipping date. On occasion manufacturers may run behind and the date may change. We have the right to change and post the date if this does occur. No refunds on pre-orders unless you receive the product and it is defective.
Back Orders - If we run out of any item we wil place your order on back order and let you know the shipping date. We usually have items in stock, but should we run low we place orders with our manufacturers right away. What sometimes happens is items are out of stock with the manufacturer as well and we have to wait until new units are produced, this can cause a delay from a few days to a month. We will notify you should this occur as well as post in the store for that item. IF you ordered a BACK ORDERED item please understand you will not get an email regarding updates. Your purchase will remain in "processing" until we get the shipment in. Once we receive back orders from our manufacturer we will package and ship item out and your order will change to SHIPPED. You can follow status on our main page under UPDATES or in the product section for that item, where we will post updates as well. Also, you can log in and check your account for that order. Any back ordered item that is purchased upfront takes full acknowledgement of this. No refunds on back orders until you receive the product as purchased. If it is defective we will replace or refund your money based on the warranty.
New Items - We tend to get new items from engineers and manufactuers before anyone else. When this occurs we will let you know when these new items may be availble after we test them and find out the retail prices.
Unconfirmed or Unverified orders.
Any orders that are unconfirmed or unverfied by Paypal Pro (the payment systyem we use that accepts all forms of payments and credit cards) maybe declined or refused unless information can be verified. Due to heavy online credit card fraud, usually as a unuthorized charge, this flags may cause a delay in your order. We need to verify and check any and all information before we ship. If we do ship we may at our decision require a verified signature. This insures the package is received by the intended recepient. It is the buyers responsability to supply and verify information to support their order when necessary. Any order refused by the buyer and sent back will be refunded minus any shipping costs. You agree to supply us verified information during your time of order. We will not ship to commercial properties, addresses not assoicated with your order or billing info and we will not ship to po boxes unless they can be verified. ALL INFORMATION IN YOUR CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MUST BE VERIFIABLE. Any orders with phone numbers or emails that cannot be verified will be refused. This procedure is customary with Paypal and its retail sellers. We will not have USPS or UPS leave packages at any address without signature on any unconfirmed or unverifiable order.
Payments are processed via Website Payment Pro in Paypal. We accept Credit Cards such as Visa, MC, AMex Express and Discover. We also use Paypal. We do not accept money orders or personal checks nor Walmart Debit Cards (Paypal Issue). A PayPal account is not needed to purchase from our store. Charges will show up on your CC or paypal account as "GhostOutlet".
- We attempt to process all orders in 24hours
- Standard shipping 3-7 business days
- USPS Priority mail 2-3 days ( all equipment) Domestic only - Delivery confirmation included. Insurance is extra.
- We may chooe USPS instead of UPS as a shipping method if the cost is cheaper to send then you selected, but will arrive either quicker or in the same amount of time as UPS packages have to be taken directly to the UPS center or we are charged additional fees for pick up which may go above the cost you paid for shipping, postage and delivery.
- UPS larger orders will be shipped UPS (large equipment orders) * UPS Does Not include Saturday & Sunday as a business day. So if you order something on a Friday it would be shipped on Monday. (Note: in the rare event I am out of town the order will go out the following day of my return).
- Delivery - We cannot guarantee where or how the postal carrier delivers your package. Any requests such as "leave at front door", "place on back door porch", "give to neighbor", "ring doorbell", "call me when it is delivered", "beware of dog" (JK) or any similar requests cannot be honored as "we have no control over what the postal carrier can or will do". This response comes direct from the USPS office. Priority mail is normally put in your mail box or at the front door unless you request "signature authorization" or other means of security. I will sometimes write your request on the box in marker, but please know that GHOST OUTLET takes no responsability on where or how the USPS carrier delivers your mail and is not responsable or liable for delivery of your item once it has been given to and scanned by USPS for shipping to your address. Please use your tracking number to track and locate your package.
- We ship to international addresses by USPS Express or Global Express only. Rates vary depending on destination and weight of package. On orders outside the U.S.A., we bill actual shipping charges via USPS, plus a $3.50 handling fee. International shipping costs vary widely depending on the destination, from $20.00 to more than $60.00. Please for exact shipping charges on international orders. Please contact USPS to calculate a "guesstimate" of the shipping charges. Also note we do not cover or pay for any customs or duty fees that may or may not be charged to you by your country or customs department. That is FULL responsability of "you" the receiver. Fees imposed by your customs department varies from country to country.
- We cannot ship some Digital Dowsing products outside the USA per manufactuers request. We can ship the Ovilus III. This has to do with the Consumer Electronics Licensing. CE. These products are not licensed for use, sale or distribution outside the USA without a license. The manufacturer does not have an interest in licensing the devices at this time. This includes The Ovilus X, DTD, White Noise EM, Talker, EM Vortex and the EVP Kit. **Any orders placed outside the USA for these devices will be canceled and refunded their money immediatley. Sorry but we value our manufactuers requests and want to continue carrying them in our store. If they allowed us to sell them outside the USA you know we would.
- Orders using Global Express Guaranteed will incur a $15 Postage and Handiling fee as special boxes not supplied by USPS or FedEx will need to be purchased and used to ship Global Express. Also a special trip to post office will need to be made in person, as USPS or FEDEx will NOT pick up package at our office.
- We will not accept International orders with Post Office ship to addresses. Your name and address must correspond to your credit card billing information in order for us to ship.
- Once again Duty and Custom fees may apply depending on where you live. These fees are imposed by the Government where the customer resides, not Ghost Outlet.com. The Customer assumes all responsibility for any additional fees related to their purchase charged to them by customs or their mail carrier.
- We do not ship orders internationally where the bill to and ship to addresses are different or the name on the credit card/Paypal differs.
- We can not ship orders without proper Credit Card / Paypal approval authorization.
- USPS does not offer tracking on most international orders once it leaves their faciliity. Reason for this is because they cannot track it once it goes to customs, so please use correct address.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not receive yor package within 3 - 4 weeks from it being shipped, you must contact your Post office or Customs department. International shipments get held up in customs all the time and will remain there until they contact you or you claim your item. In most cases they may impose a tax or custom fee. We are not responsible for any fees or taxes imposed by your country once the package leaves the United States. It becomes the responsability of the receveiver - name and address on the package it is sent to and the responsability for the receiver to pick up the package themselves from their post office or customs department.
- We keep proof of all shipments that go out via USPS tracking and if you do not insure the package or ship Global Express we cannot refund any shipments or items if they have shipped and been received by our post office and we have confirmation of the item being shipped out.
Standard Return Policy
It is our standard policy to accept return merchandise within 2 weeks of the order date. To be eligible for return, the merchandise and contents of the box must be in the original unopened box. If the contents have been removed, used or altered in any way and then placed back into the box, the merchandise may not be returned to us. However, we do make some acceptions up to 90 days as long as everything is in original condition with no marks, scratches and in original "complete"packaging. If you have merchandise which is unopened or in the original package, we will issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization) and will give you an address to ship the product to. Return shipping to us is at your expense unless the return is a result of our shipping error at which point we will rectify the problem promptly without expense to you. We cannot do exchanges for a newer item, so please purcase with care. We will impose a 15% restocking fee if it is determined that the item has been used. Product that is returned to us without a RMA, will be returned back to the customer. Any item shipped FREE that is sent back to us within the 2 week return period, will incur a 15% restocking fee. All returns within the 2 week period will received full refund of item, plus any tax paid, minus shipping costs. We cannot issue a refund if the product is damaged in any way or over 90 days. Any merchandise that proves to be defective will be covered by the Manufacturer's standard Warranty Policy and will be replaced or repaired. Contact us and we will be happy to refer you to the proper customer service personnel to help you resolve your claim. Email us at info@GhostOutlet.com
Sales orders, T-shirts, and Limted items are non-returnable
We are required by law to collect 8.75% Illinois States Sales Tax on all order that ship to distinations within Illinois. Orders shipped anywhere else in the United States are not subject to tax.
Our Rights To Sell
We reserve the right to refuse a sale to any customer for any reason. We reserve the right to cancel any customer's order for any reason. In either case, the customer will be notified and if charged, will receive appropriate credit. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of any product ordered. While we do keep everything in stock, in the event we run out of stock your order will be placed on back order and you will be notified. However, should a product become discontinued we will notify you and refund your money if you are not interested in a substitute.
Reviews and Testimonies
We value your business and hope for you to be a life long customer. After you receive your purchase please let our future customers know and take the time to leave a review on the product you purchased. We greatly appreciate it.