SB7 things to keep in mind by Chris Fleming (PDF File) Link - SB7 Handbook for ITC Use
SB7 7 SB11 PRODUCT SUPPORT / Returns on defect or malfunctioning units - Problems with the SB7?
If problems are persistant and have not been solved by following the above. Please contact DAS. All Spirit boxes have a one year warranty. Does not cover antenna. If the device is malfunctioning. Please contact the engineer/manufacturer at the following email. They are now requesting all defects and malfunctioning units be returned directly to them for either repair or replacment.
Let them know your purchase date and who you purchased it from.
email : email@example.com
They will respond within 1 business day.
DAS Warranty covers all manufacturer defects- REM PODS, SB7, SB11, RTEVP and Mel Meters.
Manufacturer Warranty Policy & Procedure
Coverage: This warranty covers all manufacturer defects.
The manufacturer warranty is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and will cover the repair or replacement of your device. When a device is sent to DAS Distribution, Inc. under the warranty, an initial repair will be attempted, however if a repair is not possible or if a product fails, a replacement device will be sent to you.
The 12 month manufacturer warranty does not cover damage due to customer abuse or misuse (i.e., broken antennas, pulled out antennas, water damage, dropped devices, etc...) Due to the fact that certain conditions are not covered by warranty, a labor fee may be applied.
In the event of a warranty repair or replacement, the customer is responsible for shipping fees incurred when shipping back to DAS. After the repair or replacement is complete, DAS will ship the device back to you via standard shipping free of charge. If the customer chooses expedited shipping, that fee will be at the expense of the customer.
If the repair does not fall under the 12 month warranty, shipping fees to and from DAS will be at the customer’s expense.
To All ITC researchers and users of the Spirit Box. P-SB7
Since I first introduced the Spirit Box on Ghost Adventures Live, I have discovered some interesting responses on three-four different levels. Some of you maybe familiar with this, while others this maybe new. I been meaning to discuss this for years, as Gary Galka and myself have discussed the different levels of sound frequencies being received and how we are receiving more signals then the public is familiar with.
I am breaking this down to three "known" levels and one "unknown" level.
Meaning during a Spirit Box session there are 4 ways you can receive responses in playback of your recorded session.
It is important to record your Spirit Box session with a High Quality digital recorder. I use a H4n Zoom and playback on a high quality audio program.
3 "Known" Levels of Responses during the recording and playback of a spirit box session.
1) EVPs recorded /captured outside the SB7 in the EM field inbetween the spirit box and the recorder.
2) DRVP (direct radio voice phenomena) Responses from the spirit box that we hear and respond to.
3) DRVP NOISE responses we don't normally hear, but during filtering they are there in the white noise. Using the white noise and sweep sounds to deliver complete statements and sentences either with comments of conversation amongst themselves or in response to our questions or directed to us.
Unknown Level of Response
During playback on audio software and during the filtering of noise reduction there are sometimes responses that can only be heard during this process and vary depending on levels set. On one setting it cannot be heard, on another it can. By moving the levers it can be isolated and saved at that level. These hidden messages (clearly not pareidolia) seem to be on a frequency we don't hear at first and could be considered similar to radio frequencies in that they can only be heard if "tuned into" meaning conversation is always going on around us, we just have to find it.
Think of it this way...A radio receives hundreds of broadcasts at one time, yet you are only tuning in to one at a time. During the sweep you sweep through these channels, you may hear a few responses….yet on playback how can it be that during filtering there are complete sentences and statements as well as conversations after the fact? Not possible for it to be radio signals, since it is never on one channel, but possible if one believes in the transference of conscious thought and the possibility to record it. Add to the results as responses about the session and having to do with questions, you have a CB like device. Yet to be fully understood, the device and recording of sessions needs to be developed further to be perfectly clear in its reception and identification of these messages as these messages in this level vary in grading from B grade to C grade in comparison to the EVP grading scale of A-C.
Keep this in mind during your spirit box sessions that there are not just one, but 4 levels of communication going on.
That means I just added on more time and weeks more to your spirit box analysis sessions. But, the results are there adding to the validation of life after death.
Ovilus IV -
If you want to learn more about the Ovilus 4 and have questions, this weblink is neccessary to cover the full potential of the Ovilus 4. Containing information available to you online.
For Set Up Guide, Modes, FAQ, English Word list, Spanish Word List, PDF Downloads Click to Access:
Is your screen or audio output not working correctly?
99.9% of the reasons will be because of...drum roll...... batteries you put in the device.
1). Please use brand new batteries right out of the package to give enough power to the Ovilus 4. The device requires a lot of juice. If you are using low quality batteries or previously used batteries your Ovilus 4 may not function properly.
I use Energizer or Energizer lithuium batteries and that is it. No Duracell, no radio shack, no cheap quality batteries at all.
The Ovilus requires minimum of 4.02 volts minimum to operate. Energizers run approx. about 1.5 volts per battery, lower quality batteries can be lower than that. 4 x 1.5 volts equals 6 volts. When the batteries get weaker and fall below 4 volts the Ovilus 4 will stutter, screen will dim and not funtion properly because the power has dropped below the required 4.02 volts.
2). Do not use rechargeable batteries at all on your Ovilus 4. Ever! It can cause failures in the SD cards that are in the Ovilus 4.
Please take the time to read why:
The basic issue is simple math. Rechargeable batteries are typically only delivering 1.2 volts.
So in a series configuration “Like the Ovilus battery pack” they deliver 4.8 volts of total voltage.
The Ovilus requires 4.02 volts minimum to operate. But there’s not enough power still since the Ovilus has a reverse power protection circuit delivered power is cut by .7 volts.
So a fully charged set of rechargeable batteries only deliver 4.1 volts to the Ovilus 4.
The unit will operate however as soon as power loss on the batteries occur the
The Ovilus 4 will act erectly.
No permanent damage is done to the Ovilus, however, the SD card can be corrupted requiring the card to be removed and re-written.
Once again, do not use use rechargeable batteries.
If you run into LCD screen issues please do the following- This device is designed with a 100% shut off if batteries get low.
This should only be done with new batteries. The screen issue is commonly seen when your batteries are getting low.
If they get to low the screen will have to be reset.
1. Start with new Batteries, Fresh out of a pack “You’ll fail if you skip this”
2. Turn Off Ovilus.
3. Hold down the right most button.
4. Turn on the Ovilus
5. release the right hand button .
6. if the screen has a black box then press and hold the
the right hand button till the words Ovilus Tech
appear and the screen is readable. This can take up to 45 seconds
7. If the screen is clear or text is extremely light Press and hold the Left hand button
till the words Ovilus Tech appear and the screen is readable. This can take up to 45 seconds
8. Using the right hand button to lighten or the Left hand button to darken adjust the screen to your preference.
9. Press the center “Mode” button to return to normal operation.
This is the procedure we use to clear the screens here.
Screen Issues If you are having Screen issues with the Ovilus III, in 90% of the cases this in relation to bad batteries, or marginal-weak batteries. It is best to use fresh lithium batteries. We use Energizers. The Ovilus III has 3 onboard processors, so quality batteries are a must. Resetting the Ovilus with marginal batteries will result in the same failure.
PRODUCT SUPPORT - Problems with Ovilus III? If problems are persistant and have not been solved by following the above. Please contact Digital Dowsing. You have a warranty card with the device and if that has not been sent in yet, you will need to ship that with the product as well. Ghost Outlet cannot repair or replace any defective Digital Dowsing products. They must be sent back to Digital Dowsing for repair or replacment per the manufacturers guidelines. Once again, please make sure you are using brand now out of package batteries, not duracell, and have reset the display as discribed above. Please state the device and where it was purchased from in your email as well as describe the problem. If you have already attempted the above, please tell them that otherwise they will state to try the above first as well. firstname.lastname@example.org They will respond within 24 hours.
- random man made EMF
- our own thoughts
- others thoughts
- conscious energy (spirits thinking or responding to us or each other either locally or non-locally)
- place memory (past events or emotional experiences residing in the location).
Operating the Ovilus X
The Ovilus X requires 3 AAA batteries, not included. Carefully remove back cover and install batteries in their proper order; note the + and - of the batteries.
The Power Switch is on the end of the Ovilus X. To turn ON, slide the switch up toward the top of the unit. Slide it down toward the back to turn OFF.
The Ovilus X will announce the current mode it is in.
To change modes, press the Mode switch on the front. (Note: when changing modes, hold the mode button down until the Ovilus X begins to announce the next mode.)
- Audio Port: For headphones or recording devices.
- Data Port: For external devices and expansion.
- USB Port: For PC communication.
The Ovilus X Modes
- Mode 1: Dictionary Mode - Words are created out of the on-board data base. These words may be changed by the user by creating new words and uploading them, using the Ovilus X software. The entire database is written phonetically, allowing the user to create any word in most any language.
- Mode 2: Phonetic Mode - Speech is formed by using phonemes, the basic blocks of human speech.
- Mode 3: Reverse Phonetic Mode - Speech is formed by using phonemes, the basic blocks of human speech then played in reverse order.
- Mode 4: Touch Mode - The Ovilus X will make a ping sound when touched.
- Mode 5: Energy Mode - Energy Mode produces a small EMF output "EM Pump."
- Mode 6: White Noise Mode - Creates a low volume White noise for EVP sessions.
- Mode 7: Say Last Word Said - The Ovilus X will say all the words it has spoken in Mode 1.
- Mode 8: Sync Mode - This mode is designed to help "sync" your video and audio devices for an investigation. The Ovilus X will count down from ten and flash the panel lights.
Ovilus X Disclaimer
The Ovilus X is sold without any expectation. It is to be considered experimental.
The Ovilus X is sold as an entertainment device only. We make no claim to the validity of the data received by these devices.
We make no claim as to Spirit communications, Aliens, Ghosts or any other type of phenomena.
You agree not to expose children to this device, or any person who may be harmed or damaged by exposure to this device. Further, you must be over 18 and in sound mental condition.
As the owner of this device you are responsible for the devices use. Further, you are responsible for the safety of others who may come in contact with this device.
This device can generate disturbing text and speech; therefore it should not be used by children under the age of 18. Further, this device should not be used by anyone with a history of mental illness.
Why do we say for entertainment use only?
First and foremost, the devices are designed to aid in Paranormal Research, not to be presented as evidence.
This device can create speech and text, by method of taking energy levels in the environment and creating speech, nothing more! No algorithm is employed to produce text or speech in a specific pattern.
There's no person who can prove, to a certainty, what these messages are.
People need to take a rational, grounded approach to any device that creates speech or text. The power of suggestion is very strong!
Odds of this device saying a word that is contextually correct is 1 in 2048; in using phonetic speech, the odds are only 1 in 71.
A lot of claims have been made about devices such as this. Simple math will tell you the odds are much better than you think that it's just coincidence and nothing more.
The Rem-Pod utilizes a mini telescopic antenna to radiate an independent EM field around the device. It is believed that Spirit energy can manipulate, distort, and influence such an EM field. To activate the REM feature, simply extend the antenna located on top of the device. Next, activate the power with the slide switch located next to the 9vdc battery. The four (4) LEDs will blink twice as they go through their diagnostic routine which verifies the system is working correctly. To test the EM field, move your hand close, and then touch the antenna. All lights will be illuminated as the EM field is interrupted. There is also a specific tone associated with each LED. It is important to note that there could be some interference of the EM field when the Rem-Pod is within certain proximity of fluorescent lights or highly conductive materials. Also, be aware that once the REM power has been activated, it will remain powered until you turn it OFF. Be sure to turn it OFF when not in use to preserve your battery power. The sensitivity of the REM field can be controlled by changing the extension of the mini telescopic antenna. If the first LED is activated with no disturbance present, simply retract the antenna until the LED stays OFF.
The DTD is easy to use:
- Just slide the battery cover off. (See video on our website if you're having trouble.)
- Install three AAA batteries in the battery compartment on the Bottom of the DTD. (The battery compartment is marked as well showing the correct orientation of the batteries.)
- Now start your Ovilus X.
- Once the Ovilus X has started, plug in the cable to the DTD.
- On the side there is an ON/OFF switch. Moving the slide switch toward the top of the DTD will turn the device ON.
More energy the Ovilus has detected.
Proper Recording Tips & Technique
When using the RT-EVP, there are several factors that can influence the recording quality of your EVP session. Here are some suggestions that will help you to use your RT-EVP effectively while achieving optimum results.
The RT-EVP uses a custom designed, Silicon MEM's Microphone. This is the only microphone type that we could find that could be modified to detect the lower level (15Hz) frequencies. It also provides very high sensitivity to subtle Sound Pressure Level (SPL) changes in and around the environment. The RT-EVP recording sensitivity level can be adjusted up to 81.5dB during the Simultaneous Playback. So, if you increase the Recording sensitivity beyond 55dB, the device can actually pick up some unwanted sounds, like the Audio Playback inside of your ear canal. There are several ways to resolve this matter. Here are some suggestions if using the RT-EVP's Recording sensitivity above 55dB.
1. Hold the RT-EVP device extended away from you, and project your voice in a different direction away from the RT-EVP microphone.
2. Talk more quietly and determine what voice level is best for you.
3. Always use proper fitting (in ear) earbuds. Do not use earphone or a headset that rest on the surface of your ear.
4. If you want to increase the Recording sensitivity above 65dB, there are a few things you can do. Use an audio extension cable and place the RT several feet away from you. Or, use the earbuds combined with a Noise Blocking Headphones. These are readily available at your local Home Depot or Hardware store for $10-$15. This combination is the most effective, and blocks 100% of the echo regardless of how loud you speak, or how high the dB level setting is.
"LIVE" Audio Remote Monitoring
If you would like to perform "LIVE" Audio EVP sessions consisting of an external speaker connected with your RT-EVP, this can be done. But there are some precautions that you must be aware of when doing so. The biggest obstacle to overcome is FEEDBACK. Feedback will occur when the RT microphone picks up the amplified sound coming out of a speaker. When you speak into the RT-EVP Microphone, the RT device amplifies your voice and sends it out through the remote speakers. While this (in theory) may be ideal for everyone in the group to hear the session, the sound from the speakers will unfortunately also be picked up by the RT's microphone. That sound is made even louder and sent back out through speakers where it is picked up by the microphone again, and again and so on. It is also referred to as a "looped signal".
Here are a few suggestions on how to avoid this problem.
1. Be sure to position your speaker at a minimum distance of 10' facing away from the RT-EVP microphone. This will help eliminate the speaker output pattern from being detected by the RT's Omni-Directional internal microphone.
2. Once the RT-EVP and remote speaker are in position, have someone speak into the RT-EVP Microphone with the Recording sensitivity starting at 50dB. Slowly raise the Recording level in 5dB increments until you get the system operating at a good volume level for everyone to hear. If you are using a Boom Box or other Amplified Audio speaker system with separate volume adjustment like I do, this can also be "tweaked" to get the desired results.
If you start hearing feedback reduce the volume level until it stops. If it is still loud enough you are all set to enjoy your session. If not, try to move the loudspeakers even further away from the microphone. Under no circumstances should the loudspeakers be behind and facing the microphone. We sell various lengths of audio extension cables that allow up to 100' distance between the RT-EVP and Remote Amplified Speaker. Just remember, the louder you want the volume, the more distance you must have between the RT-EVP and you Speaker system.
3. Avoid aiming the speakers directly at reflective surfaces such as walls, ceilings. Room Acoustics can affect the results.
Recently, I created a handheld "Push To Listen" amplified speaker box for Zak on GA. In this scenario, you hold the RT-EVP in one hand and the speaker interface in the other. With the RT-EVP set to a 1 second (almost instant) playback, you can ask your question and then push a soft activated momentary pushbutton which activates the built- in internal / amplified speakers.
The intent of using this technique is that you only hear if there is a Spirit Response...assuming that it is audible without having to use editing software.
This approach still records your questions, but completely eliminates your voice from being played back through the speakers. This allows the RT-EVP microphone and speaker to be held by the user within a few feet of each other without feedback if the recording sensitivity is set at a reasonable dB level, and you are quiet as you listen. If someone speaks during the "listening" sequence, you simply release the button and wait 1-2 seconds to reset and erase the feedback
Frequency Sweep Audio
When using the RT-EVP Frequency Sweep Feature, it is important to understand the basic Playback operation. We discussed Feedback when using remote speakers, and how to prevent mutual interference during your EVP sessions. The same operating principal described in points 1-3 above must also be applied when doing your Frequency Sweep sessions while using a remote speaker if you have the RT-EVP internal microphone "ON".
If you have the RT microphone "OFF", you can perform your Sweep session with the speaker as close to the RT-EVP as you want. Please note that the RT-EVP internal 25mm speaker is only used for playback of your recorded files. It can not be used as an audio speaker when conducting a session.
General Operating Instructions to help in your use of the RT-EVP.
RT-EVP / Record Mode
1. Insert Earphone 3.5mm plug into the headset port on the left side of the RT-EVP
2. Press ENTER for 3 seconds to TURN ON Unit. It will show DAS-RT-EVP on the display and then go to the last file recorded.
3. Press REC for 1 sec. to Start Recording. RED Light will blink. The RT-EVP will default to a specific Ambient Noise (dB) level. Press the +to increase the Ambient Sound Sensitivity to the 63.5dB level.
4. Press the REC button for 1 sec. to PAUSE the recording session.
5. Press the REC button for 1 sec. to Resume the recording session.
6. To Save the Recording while in the PAUSE mode, hold the REC button for 3 seconds.
7. To Play what you have just Recorded Press the ENTER button for 1 sec.
8. To Pause the Playback, Press the ENTER button for 1 sec.
9. To escape from the Playback and go back to Recording, Press ENTER for 3 sec.
10. To start a new Recording, repeat step 3.
Note: A special function (Intelli-Q) has been added to allow EVP review and analysis without interrupting your recording session. Each time you press the DOWN ARROW located on the right side of the RT-EVP, you will backup in a 5 second increment. When you press UP ARROW, you move forward by 5 seconds. This tool is only active when you are Recording.
RT-EVP / EVP & Frequency Sweep Mode
1. Insert Earphone 3.5mm plug into the headset port on the left side of the RT-EVP
2. Press ENTER for 3 seconds to TURN ON Unit. It will show DAS-RT-EVP and then go to the last file recorded.
3. Press MENU button for 3 seconds.
4. Use the UP ARROW to scroll to the Radio Icon, and press ENTER. The frequency Sweep function will activate. Use the + or - to adjust the volume.
5. Press REC for 1 sec. to Start Recording. RED Light will blink. The RT-EVP will default to a specific Ambient Noise (dB) level. Press the + to increase the Ambient Sound Sensitivity to 63.5dB.
6. Press REC for 1 sec. to PAUSE the Frequency Sweep recording session.
7. Press REC for 1 sec. to Resume the recording session.
8. To Save the Recording while in the PAUSE mode, hold the REC button for 3 seconds.
9. To Play what you have just Recorded Press the ENTER button for 1 sec. be careful that the volume is not too high. Adjust as necessary.
10. To Pause the Playback, Press the ENTER button for 1 sec.
11. To escape from the Playback and go back to Recording, Press ENTER for 3 sec.
12. To start a new EVP / Frequency Sweep Recording session, repeat starting at step 3.
RT-EVP / Deleting a File
1. Press ENTER for 3 seconds to TURN ON Unit. It will show DAS-RT-EVP and then go to the last file recorded.
2. Press MENU button for 1 second to enter the Main Menu section.
3. Press the DOWN ARROW to get to Index, then press ENTER. All stored / recorded files will be listed.
4. Use the UP and DOWN Arrow to select the file or files you would like to delete. Then press the DELETE button.
5. Use the UP and DOWN to select NO or YES then press ENTER to confirm action.
6. Once you deleted the selected files, press the Escape button two times to return to the Record screen. Note: the ESC button is the round button located at the top right side of RT-EVP just under the right microphone.
RT-EVP / Changing the Playback Time (1-60 seconds)
1. Press MENU button for 1 second to enter the Main Menu section.
2. Use the UP and DOWN Arrow to select Record/Playback Time then press ENTER
3. Use the Up and Down Arrow to select the desired time from 1 to 60 seconds. Then press ENTER. This is the time from the moment you speak, to the time that it is played back through your headset or speaker.
4. Press the Escape button to return to the Record screen. Note: the ESC button is the round button located at the top right side of RT-EVP just under the right microphone.
RT-EVP. / Using the Intelli-Que Real Time Audio Repeat Feature
1. This feature only works while in the EVP or Frequency Sweep Record Mode. It is designed to allow the user to analyze EVP data without interrupting the recording session. Each time the Down Arrow is pressed, you will backup your audio file by 5 seconds.
Each time the Up Arrow is pressed, you will advance your audio file by 5 seconds.
RT-EVP / Adjusting the Time, Backlight, Auto Power
1. Press MENU button for 3 seconds to enter the Main Menu section.
2. Use the Up Arrow to select the Tool icon, then press ENTER
3. Adjust as desired then press MENU for 3 seconds to escape out
4. Select the Microphone or Radio depending on the mode preferred then press ENTER
RT-EVP / Turning the Microphone ON/OFF & Adjusting the Frequency Sweep Speed while in the Hybrid Mode
1. While in the FM Frequency Sweep Mode (Not Recording), press the MENU button for 1 second to enter the FM Set screen.
2. Use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to scroll to the Select Sweep or Open MIC, and press ENTER.
3. Adjust the Microphone ON/OFF and the frequency Sweep speed from 12 to 18 seconds as desired using the UP and Down Arrow
4. Press the round Escape button once or twice to return to the Frequency Sweep screen.
Note: When the Microphone is ON, it allows EVP's to be combined with the FM Frequency Steps.
RT-EVP / Power Off
1. Press ENTER button for 3 seconds to turn the device OFF
RT-EVP / Connecting to your PC
1. Attach the RT-EVP to your PC using the USB running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
2. The PC will recognize the RT-EVP as a removable Disk.
3. Go to My Computer from the Start menu
4. Double click Removable Disk
5. Double click Record to open all saved files
6. Left click & drag file to desktop or folder
Note: Be sure to unplug the RT-EVP storage device properly. Stop it correctly then unplug it.
Model: RT-EVP Q & A
Question: What types of functions are available in the RT-EVP?
Answer: The RT-EVP can be configured to operate:
A) Standard Digital Recorder (Auto Playback OFF)
B) EVP Recorder with Simultaneous Playback ON
C) EVP Recorder with White Noise Added
D) FM (77.0MHz to 108.0MHz) Frequency Sweep (Spirit Box) with multi-step Speed control (Microphone OFF)
Note: April 1st we added an additional 100 frequency steps (77.0MHz to 87.9Mhz) there are now a total of 300 frequency steps. The 77.0MHz to 87.9Mhz are typically used in Japan and are not part of the USA broadcast spectrum.
E) Combination EVP and FM Frequency (Hybrid, with Microphone ON)
Question: How much Memory do you have in the RT-EVP?
Answer: The Standard is 8GB (Flash Memory upgraded from first generation that was 4GB) and it provides about 2-3 hours of recording time
Question: Does RT-EVP have a Backlight for use in the Dark?
Answer: Yes, The Backlight can be programmed to stay ON or OFF. You can also enter an OFF delay time that suits your convenience. A Power OFFï¿½ feature can be enabled. This will turn the RT-EVP Power OFF if the unit is not used for a period of time. The backlight is bright enough to use as an emergency navigation light source.
Question: Can I use a remote speaker with the RT-EVP?
Answer: Yes, this can be done as long as the speaker is at least 15 feet away, and pointing away from the RT-EVP. Otherwise the unit will easily detect the sound from the speaker and there will be a continuous feedback. The best way to use the RT-EVP is with a headset or earphone. We have experimented using remote amplified speakers over 100' away.
Question: Can the RT-EVP be upgraded?
Answer: Yes, to a degree. Lets say that we decide to change the FM Frequency Sweep Rate speed adjustment from 12-19 seconds to 12 to 30 seconds. This software change can be emailed to you and easily loaded into the RT-EVP. There may be times when we create a new application or feature within the RT-EVP. Any "Basic" software upgrade changes that we make can be made available to our customers at no charge.
Question: What OS is the RT-EVP compatible with?
Answer: Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7
Connection is made using mini USB, transfer interface 2.0
Question: What is PCM?
Answer: PCM stands for Pulse Code Modulation. Despite the large file sizes associated with PCM sampling, (The RT-EVP can sample up to 96K) we decided to use PCM because it is by far the best method when the highest quality audio is required. PCM strives to emulate the original analog sine wave as closely as possible. The end result is CD quality sound.
Question: What are the bit rates?
Answer: The user can select the Bit rate depending on length of investigation. But 96K is recommended.
A) PCM at 96K = 2 hours and 45 minutes recording time
B) PCM at 48K = 5 hours and 30 minutes recording time
C) PCM at 44K = 6 hours and 10 minutes recording time
D) PCM at 8K = 33 hours recording time
Note: Files are saved in WAV format
Question: What is the overall Frequency response of the RT-EVP
Answer: 15Hz to 20KHz, The device has been tested by an independent lab.
Question: What is the 711 that is listed under the RT-EVP recording options?
Answer: It's actually called G.711 which is an International standard for audio (speech) compression and decompression that is used in telephone digital transmission systems. It is a pulse code modulation (PCM) scheme operating at a 8 kHz sample rate, with 8 bits per sample. G.711 can encode frequencies between 0 and 4 kHz
Question: Is this a Stereo Digital Recorder and FM Sweep Device?
Question: What is the Intelli-Q function?
Answer: When you are in the Record mode for EVP or Frequency Sweep and listening for an EVP, the Intelli-Q feature allows you to playback / repeat and alalyze any suspect captured evidence without interrupting your Recording session. Each time you press the Intelli-Q reverse button, you can backup in 5-second increments. Similarly, if you press the forward button you can move ahead in 5-second increments.
Question: If the unit is not functioning properly, what do I do?
Answer: Occasionally you need to defragment the device. Save all files to a PC and clear/delete the RT-EVP existing files. Then it is best to reformat the device. This will erase the drive clearing all files in the system and any files that may have been corrupt. Best to do this occasionally to get unit clean and functioning properly.